Sunday, April 30, 2006

Payton's Homespun Diagonal Blanket (Baby Blanket 2/4)


When did you start? ???
When did you finish this? April 23rd-ish
What is it? Diagonal Baby Blanket from www.LionBrand.com
What needles did you use? Size 13, starting with Straights, then moving to circulars.
What kind of yarn is that? Lionbrand Homespun, Quartz (3 Skeins)
Who's it for? Payton, the Baby Daughter of my cousin Taylor

Anything else? This blanket is very easy, but towards the middle, it was monotonous. Gage is not really crucial -- I used size 13 needles instead of Size 11, and I increased until I was about halfway through the 2nd skein.

I'm not sure how well it will hold its shape (I've heard homespun sometimes has issues because it is so heavy) I love the way the colors stripe in the blanket, and the fact that it's worked on the diagonal makes it look fancy. I can confirm that I don't like plastic needles -- they just don't have the right balance.

I'm done with more than half of my baby blankets!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home